Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Make Someone's Day: Send Flowers from a Local Florist!


I can remember the first time I ever received flowers. Can you? It was Valentine's Day, 1993. I was a junior in High School. They were delivered to my house after school and the note read, "Be my Valentine, from your secret admirer". The was overwhelmed with giddiness and couldn't stop smiling for days afterwards. Somebody noticed me, somebody liked me enough to reach out and send flowers to me. I never did find out exactly who sent those roses, but I had my suspicions.



Today, I work with flowers, day in/day out. I never knew I would end up owning my own shop and helping others feel just like I did back in High School. But, we do it every day and love it. My husband and I own BiZi Bee Floral together. I do most of the designing and Justin does most of the delivering/marketing. It works well. We love what we do and can't imagine doing anything different.



The smile on somebody's face when they open the door and see a beautiful arrangement of flowers, is worth so much to us. Sometimes people actually break down in tears when they receive flowers..I suspect this may either be the first time they receive flowers or they're just so happy that somebody special thought about them enough to send the very best flowers that would put a smile on their face and a skip in their step.



Research conducted by Rutgers University and the Society of American Florists indicates that flowers have an immediate impact on the happiness of the recipient, have a long-term positive effect on people's moods, and increase the connections among family and friends. Not only that, but a study by researchers at Texas A & M University shows that flowers and plants improve productivity, innovation, and creativity in the workplace. (Reprinted with permission from FlowerShopNetwork.com)



I'm here, at BiZi Bee Floral in Seattle, to help you pick out the best bouquet when you want to reach out and touch somebody's life..to make their day a little merrier, to show them how much they mean to you, to let them know that somebody does care. A fresh floral bouquet goes a long way in somebody's heart/mind. All these years later, I can still remember when I first received flowers...can you?



Remember, when you order flowers, go through a local florist. I can't tell you enough, how important this is to your local florist and to you as well! Not only will you receive wonderful service, but a floral professional will help you pick out exactly the right flowers (roses, lilies, tulips, daisies, iris, orchids, tropicals, gerberas, gladiolus, etc) for your sentiment. And, when you order directly from your small, local florist, you can:



* Avoid call centers and talk to a real live professional, usually the person who will be making the arrangement.


* Get the best deal and the freshest product.



* Not be overcharged for delivery.



* Have your attention brought to other items that they may offer...like artistic vases, hand made chocolates, locally made greeting cards, hand crafted jewelry, stuffed animals (not just bears, but lions, tigers, and bears..oh my!).



* Find out if they have any "specials"...although, honestly, every day you celebrate life, is special.



* And last (but not least), you support a local florist, who just wants to make sure you (the customer) gets the best they have to offer, to make sure the recipient will remember the day they received flowers and knew that you cared enough, took the time to send them a glorious fresh floral bouquet.



I look forward to talking with you, hearing the reason why you're calling, and helping you put your words into floral artistry. I am, after all, your local florist in Seattle that is "Gettin' BiZi and Beeing Happy!"

No comments: