Monday, March 3, 2008

Funeral Flowers for delivery in Seattle

I, Heather, recently had clients come in to order flowers for a loved ones' passing. It's always difficult to give a consult for these occasions, because I find that I begin to grieve along with my clients. Although, it helps to go through this with them to know where they're coming from. Everyone grieves in their own way and expresses it yet another. Flowers are a great way to express how you feel in this given situation.

My client was burying her husband of 34 years. First I thought..wow!..somebody's that been married that long really does exist, then I thought about how I would feel if I was to lose my sweetheart (having been together only 10 short years), I would want to honor him with a glorious display of flowers to tell the world how he made me feel. My client chose something beautiful and elegant from our book, but we certainly put our own spin on it. The colors and flowers are: cream roses, white dendrobium orchids, white stock, stargazer lillies, fading into pink dendrobium orchids, lavendar tulips, and pink roses. It really is a gorgeous piece that was custom made to their needs.

More and more often, I see on funeral notices these little words that always just irk me..."..in lieu of flowers...". Now, I'm all for supporting cancer research, heart disease research, etc etc...but what about everyone around me knowing how I felt about this person?! I'd say it with flowers...glorious bouquets for the funeral. Now, I'm not just saying this because I'm in the floral industry...I'm saying it because it's how I truly feel. Flowers are wonderful and can be healing with their fragrances and colors. Healing for your heart and soul after losing someone.

A plant or a basket garden filled with green and blooming plants, is a wonderful item to send as well. If you don't like the thought of the fresh cut flowers fading and wilting, send a plant basket. It can have the same effect for the recipient. It lets them know that they do matter and what they're going through, really does matter to someone who cares.

Whichever you choose, I hope you'll put thought into the item that you'll be sending...you can always give me a call and we can discuss your options. Or visit us online and take a look around. Vased fresh cut VeriFlora certified flowers are perfect for the home. Basket gardens or plants are perfect for the home. Larger items like casket sprays (very intimate item to purchase, usually done by the one closest to the departed), standing easels and wreaths are more appropriate for the funeral location.

I look forward to hearing from you and hope this helps with any decisions if you are in this situation. I always have kleenex and time to listen.

No comments: